Friday, February 20, 2009

Half Marathon 10:56 pace

My husband and I both really enjoyed the half marathon. Originally I thought I would drop out if I became pregnant before the race. But I worked too hard and was too excited to miss it. I think it was more enjoyable BECAUSE I was pregnant. It removed any pressure of running a certain time. My focus was on making sure I didn't push myself too hard. The last thing I'd want is to do more than I should and cause problems with my pregnancy. There was this great freedom in running and NOT trying to meet a time goal.

Having said that . . . I was so pleased with my time. My total time was 2h 23 min 13 sec. I was pleasantly surprised because I felt like I was running slower than that. WooHoo! My husband finished in just under two hours and was equally pleased with his time. We both want to run another half in the future.

No comments: