Saturday, February 21, 2009

9 weeks - 6 miles 10:12 pace / 7 miles - 10:56 pace

This morning I had no desire to run . . .AT ALL. I was tired and feeling a little sick. I told myself I could at least walk. I hopped on the treadmill and walked for 5 minutes then thought I should at least run a little. I ended up walking/running 7 miles. I really surprised myself. It just wasn't that hard since I was going a slower pace and walking here and there. Just like the half, I think the key was NOT having a time goal or even a distance goal for that matter. Maybe that's the way I should work my runs now.

I'm debating signing up for another race. I think it would be great motivation to keep running. Having completed the 1/2 marathon pregnant I know that I actually enjoy racing without the pressure of a time goal. I don't push myself too hard and love having the excuse to do some walking. Another half may be too much but I have some friends planning to do one in a couple months so it's tempting. I'm thinking maybe a 10k is a better choice for me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hello dudes. I'm actually into shoes and I have been digging allowing for regarding that meticulous model. The prices as regards the velcros are approximately 210 dollars everwhere. But finally I bring about this location selling them for half price. I really like these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely order those. what can you tell me about these?